A client is transferred from the coronary care unit to the step-down unit. Which of the following should be included in the transfer report? Select all thatapply.
1. The client needs oxygen at 2 L/min.
2. The client has a “do not resuscitate” prescription.
3. The client uses the bedpan.
4. The client has four grandchildren.
5. The client has been in normal sinus rhythm for 6 hours.
The nurse should report that the client is using oxygen, has a “do not resuscitate” prescription, can use the bedpan, and is in normal sinus rhythm. The nurse does not need to report that the client has four grandchildren because this information is not needed to help with the client’s continuity of care.
CN: Management of care; CL: Apply